Implementation is one of the toughest challenges any SEO consultant faces. That’s because making many of the key changes we recommend takes an investment of time, resources and planning from the client.
The most successful client engagements develop from a true partnership among teams, including the SEO consultants and account managers working closely with client-side project managers, developers and key stakeholders.
We make customized recommendations based on your product, target audience and marketing goals, and then continue to support you throughout implementation as needed. In some cases, the CRI team can even implement the recommendations for you.
Roadblocks to SEO Implementation
However, as client managers, it’s important for us to understand that it’s not always an easy process.
There are a number of reasons that could prevent clients from implementing SEO recommendations:
- The CMS may not be as easily customizable as the client team initially believed.
- There may be a lengthy approval process that recommendations need to go through first.
- The website may be in line for a redesign and the webmaster is pushing back with making any updates before the refresh launches.
Often, it’s simply a resource issue that puts SEO recommendations on the back-burner.
The Importance of Prioritizing SEO Implementation
While all of these are valid, keep in mind the following:
- Without making any major updates to the site, you can’t expect the results that you’re trying to accomplish. It’s very important to understand that implementing recommendations is crucial to any SEO program success.
- It does take time with search engines to register your site’s updates. So, the sooner you implement the SEO recommendations, the sooner you will see a boost in performance.
- Testing things out can lead to more effective strategy and tactics. What makes paid search so flexible and powerful is the ability to constantly test the ad copy to determine what brings the highest click-through rate at the lowest cost. Of course, organic optimization is completely different and you won’t be able to see the same results in the same timeframe as with a PPC campaign. However, implementing SEO recommendations quickly, monitoring performance and adjusting tactics as needed can significantly boost organic results.
Troubleshooting SEO Challenges
Here at CRI, we perform implementations for a number of clients and have seen great success.
When this method is not possible, educating clients on the importance of SEO implementation, explaining potential results and providing competitive examples help the most.
What helps you to make sure the SEO recommendations get implemented? How do you overcome obstacles on this front if there are limitations as to what can be done?
Interested in learning more about trends and developments with Google? Read more from our blog, View from the Charles:
What You Need to Know about Google Symptom Search
Make Google Alerts Work for You