Search Engine Optimization Strategist
We are seeking a knowledgeable Search Engine Optimization Strategist to join our growing team. You must be extremely motivated to provide best-in-class service to our clients while helping expand our agency search expertise. You will be a key member in supporting SEO strategies for an array of client accounts. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 2 years of SEO experience in an agency or corporate setting and thrive in a fast-paced, detail-oriented digital advertising agency environment.
Our experienced SEO Strategist will contribute to formulating strategy, in addition to the execution and analysis of SEO campaigns for new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with client contacts ranging from the marketing manager to the IT director to the webmaster. The SEO Strategist’s role will involve taking “ownership” of client campaigns, including client relationship, reporting, and recommendations to drive more traffic and conversions to their site.
- Research and implement SEO recommendations for website architecture, content, internal linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords and online visibility.
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend solutions
- Work with the client’s website developer to implement analytics code, metadata, tracking pixels, work out tracking and other technical issues
- Ongoing optimization of SEO efforts, including but not limited to: keyword research, on-page optimizations (including keyword insertion/deletion, metadata etc.) landing page optimization, and conversion optimization
- Working with clients and web development agency partners to create, implement, and QA ongoing SEO strategies
- Analyzing and interpreting campaign performance data and reports
- Understanding of how to improve crawl budget, remedy site performance issues, and implement/troubleshoot structured data using a variety of tools like Screaming Frog, SEM Rush, AHRefs, Google Analytics, HotJar, GSC, and BWMT.
- Uncovering, understanding, and achieving client goals and business objectives through campaign customization
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals
- Assist in development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with SEO goals
- Ensure that all client deliverables include insightful and actionable insights and analysis into past results, performance trends, industry best practices, recommendations, and next steps
- Manage service line client relationships through an “open door policy” which includes regular phone conversations and in-person meetings
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Minimum of 4 years SEO experience
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Screaming Frog
- Strong knowledge of crawling and indexing processs, including XML sitemaps, robots.txt, 301 redirects and how they affect indexation
- Familiarity with web development processes, including important points at which SEO should be considered
- Demonstrate knowledge of how page load and server response time impact SEO
- Apply and be able to explain SEO best practices for site nav, breadcrumbs, internal links, etc to clients
- Ability to conduct critical analysis and identify key insights
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and perform under tight deadlines
- Certifications/qualifications in Analytics, AdWords or other key marketing platforms preferred
- Proficiencies in the use of Excel (including pivot tables), Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Creative and thoughtful experience in presentation build outs is a plus!
We offer a competitive salary plus a full benefits package and a comfortable work environment.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charles River Interactive works with clients around the country to offer a full suite of digital marketing solutions. Let’s work together to harness the potential of digital marketing for your business.
Charles River Interactive
890 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451