Experienced Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategist
Charles River Interactive (CRI) is seeking a knowledgeable Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategist, to join our growing team.
The SEO Strategist will work closely to help develop, implement, and manage SEO campaigns for new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with client contacts ranging from the marketing manager to the IT director to the webmaster. The SEO Strategist’s role will involve taking “ownership” of client campaigns, including client relationships, reporting, and recommendations to drive more traffic and conversions to their site.
- Researching and implementing SEO recommendations for website architecture, content, internal linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords and online visibility
- Working with the client’s website developer to implement analytics code, metadata, tracking pixels, work out tracking and other technical issues
- Ongoing optimization of SEO efforts, including but not limited to: keyword research, on-page optimizations (including keyword insertion/deletion, metadata etc.) landing page optimization, and conversion optimization
- Collaborating with clients and agency partners to create, implement, and QA ongoing SEO strategies
- Analyzing and interpreting campaign performance data and reports
- Understanding of how to reduce crawl budget, remedy site performance issues, and implement/troubleshoot structured data using a variety of tools such as Screaming Frog, SEM Rush, AHRefs, Google Analytics, HotJar, GSC, and BWMT
- Uncovering, understanding, and achieving client goals and business objectives through campaign customization
- Providing recommendations and executing strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals
- Assisting in the development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with SEO goals
- Ensuring that all client deliverables include insightful and actionable insights and analysis into past results, performance trends, industry best practices, recommendations, and next steps
- Managing service line client relationships through an “open-door policy” which includes regular phone conversations and in-person meetings
- Keeping pace with SEO, search engine, social media, and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Ability to conduct critical analysis and identify key insights
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and perform under tight deadlines
- Certifications/qualifications in Analytics, AdWords or other key marketing platforms is a plus
- Innate ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Proficiencies in the use of Excel (including pivot tables), Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Creative and thoughtful experience in presentation build outs is a plus
You must be:
- Extremely motivated to provide best-in-class service to our clients while helping expand our agency search expertise
- Have a minimum of 3 years of consultative, technical SEO experience in an agency or corporate setting
- Thrive in a fast-paced, client-facing, detail-oriented digital advertising agency environment
- Able to commute to Waltham, MA (post-pandemic)
- This is not a remote position
- There are no relocations opportunities associated with this role
- Authorized to work in the US
- No Sponsorship available for this position
Why you should work at CRI:
We are a welcoming, fast-growing, upbeat company that takes a different client-facing, consultative approach to digital marketing.
- Small company with a family feel
- Open workspace promoting collaboration and team learning
- Reverse commute from Boston—avoid the traffic!
- An array of refreshments and snacks
- Onsite Fitness Facility and Cafe
- Generous vacation policy
- Attractive benefits package including health and dental coverage
- Matching 401(k) investment options
- Company sponsored charity initiatives and office events
- Smart, innovative industry professionals
- Industry exposure through CRI’s blog, social media, and other forums
- Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
- Half-day summer Fridays
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charles River Interactive works with clients around the country to offer a full suite of digital marketing solutions. Let’s work together to harness the potential of digital marketing for your business.
Charles River Interactive
890 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451