Senior Paid Search Planner (SEM/PPC)
The Senior Paid Search Planner is on the front-end of all digital components for a particular client, serving as liaison between the Paid Digital team, Account Manager and client. They are responsible for ensuring all project components, from media planning, kick-off, launch, reporting and Analytics are executed and delivered accurately and on time. They are also working very closely with the digital team, making sure that campaign performance is meeting client goals, optimizations are made on a regular basis, that there is a good streamlined process for daily workflow, and that all client deliverables are sent on time and include actionable insights and analysis.
The Senior Paid Search Planner will act as a key member of the SEM team for all initiatives and will:
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the design and delivery of digital marketing strategies to ensure that the Digital team captures the marketing, performance strategy and budgetary goals
- Working with the Account Managers to identify the overall goals of a campaign and designing strategies and tactics to meet those goals
- Participate in kick off calls and gather necessary data to deliver a well thought out strategy designed to meet the goals of the client
- Communicating client goals and campaign strategy to the team
- Identify opportunities to strengthen and grow existing relationships through ongoing client communications such as in person visits, conference calls, online video presentations, and email
- Responsible for delivering to the client insightful and actionable client deliverables and reports
- All data is accurate and reports contain performance trend analysis, recommendations, and next steps
- Reviews their teams daily and monthly budget pacing sheets, working with teammates to optimize campaign budgets and performance
- Execution and evaluation of account maintenance/optimization activities across multiple platforms (Google, Bing/Yahoo, Social Media, etc.), including but not limited to: keyword development and expansion, ad copy creation, landing page identification, bid strategy execution, and budget management
- Industry best practices
- Optimization techniques
- Budget management
- Internal procedures and systems
- Responsible for educating and informing all team members on client’s business and advertising goals, campaign results, and future opportunities:
- Include team members in client campaign “kick off” and ongoing campaign strategy meetings
- Encourage team participation on client conference calls and local client visits
- Ongoing review of budget goals and the execution of strategies designed to maximize campaign spend and performance
Desired qualifications include:
- Experience in creating, implementing and optimizing PPC strategies for a variety of clients
- Advanced knowledge and experience in SEM, Google Display, Remarketing, shopping campaigns, and RLSA tactics
- An expert on all major paid search programs including Google and Bing.
- Ability to develop effective campaign structures within the platforms.
- Full proficiency with Google Ads and Bing Editors
- Experience with third party bid management applications, keyword research services, and ad testing methodologies
- Google Ads and Analytics certified
- Problem-solving skills; ability to adapt to new technologies
- The desire to research and test new opportunities within the growing search marketplace
- Able to multi-task and prioritize—must work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of integrated digital media campaign planning and execution
- Demonstrated grasp of leveraging KPIs to interpret results and make data-based decisions
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Communications
- 3-5 years of PPC media experience
- Advanced knowledge of the PPC landscape
- Experience with training and mentoring teammates
- Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically and implement flawlessly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
That’s it for the job – moving on to why you should work at CRI:
We are a welcoming, fast-growing, upbeat company that takes a different client facing, consultative approach to digital marketing. We support your professional growth and we put you in the middle of an innovative team within a well-established company.
Besides getting to do work we’re passionate about, here are some of our favorite things about working at CRI:
- Small company with a family feel
- Half-day summer Fridays
- Open work space promoting collaboration and team learning
- Reverse commute from Boston—avoid the traffic!
- An array of refreshments and snacks
- A fun, flexible, creative and laid-back work environment
- Onsite Fitness Facility and Cafe
- Generous vacation policy
- Attractive benefits package including health and dental coverage
- Matching 401(k) investment options
- Company sponsored charity initiatives and office events
- Smart, innovative industry professionals
- Industry exposure through CRI’s blog, social media, and other forums
- Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
About Charles River Interactive (CRI):
CRI was founded in 2005. The Company is a privately owned corporation with ~ 40 employees. Our office is located in Waltham, MA. Charles River Interactive (CRI) is one of the leading digital marketing firms in the country, specializing in working with complex organizations to provide a high level of digital marketing support and expertise.
CRI takes a very consultative approach and we work very closely with our clients to ensure that our strategies are always in line with the overall business and marketing goals of an organization.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Charles River Interactive works with clients around the country to offer a full suite of digital marketing solutions. Let’s work together to harness the potential of digital marketing for your business.
Charles River Interactive
890 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451